Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Last Game

I spent a great deal of time with my maternal grandparents as I was growing up.  And since my great-grandfather lived with them for several years before his death, I spent a lot of time with him as well.

This picture of Libertus B. Elsey was probably taken around 1936 or 1937.  He was a very intelligent man and knew a lot about a lot of things, but he could be snobbish and a little crochety at times.

I wrote a short story based on the waning days of Paw Paw Elsey's life.  Some of the story is true, but most is speculative, so it is a work of fiction.                 

"The Last Game" is in the current issue of The Tower Journal.  This link will take you to the index.  Under fiction, scroll down and click on my name.           

No comments:

All words and pictures © 2008 Brenda G. Wooley